Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Team 5 Speech Competition

Imagine competing to be one of the top 3 talkers in your class. Well last Friday Team 5 had a speech competition. The top 3 students from each class presented their speeches in front of at least 100 students. Speech topics went from being president for a day to cook island legends. I had two speeches in particular that I most enjoyed. All o the speakers also got judged by two teacher Ms Tapuke and Mrs Judd and the results will be told later.

I found that out of all the speeches two stood out to me. The most appealing speech in my opinion was by Amelia she talked with a clear voice, had good detail and she shared a personal story but did it confidently and with pride. Her speech was about her grandma and how she always had a smile on her face no matter what. I think that throughout her speech it started happy then slightly sad but ended happily.

The most entertaining speech to me however was by Mubashshir. He engaged with the audience by making us laugh at times but also having a serious side to his speech. It was about what he'd do if he was President for a day. He talked about building shelters for the homeless, take pollution down as well as dept bills and try making the world a better place. I think his ideas were good and keeping it serious but entertaining was one of his many talents during this process.

Even though all of the speeches were awesome these two stood out for me the most. I enjoyed listening to their speeches but it definitely took alot of guts for them to talk in front of us all. I hope that we get to do this again sometime. Maybe we'll have different people next time.

2 comments:

  1. Talofa Cameo,
    I find your writing entertaining and I liked the way you described Mubashir's speech including his actions. The president at the moment is Donald Trump but did you know in 2020 Dwayne Johnson (AKA the rock) is considering running for president. Interesting right? Well anyways what do you think of my speech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cameo!
    Your work you've done right here is amazing! I found it interesting and I was hooked in instantly, As you described Mubashshir speech it felt as if he was actually presenting it right now! You've used a lot of interesting words and I reckon you could of used more.

    Rosalina.

    ReplyDelete