Pages

Friday 17 March 2017

Polyvicious



Have you ever been to the ASB polyfest?  Well yesterday  I went with  the seniors of my school.  We went to understand and be reminded how important our cultures are.  Here are some highlights of the awesome day.  

One of my highlights were going to the Maori stage and getting there just in time to watch Kaipara college perform. The Kaipara college tribe is Ngati Kahungunu (one of my iwi).  I really enjoyed watching them perform I thought it was amazing. While I watched their performance I enjoyed a delicious watermelon sundae.

It was cool to see some of my family and friends while I was walking around this huge event with my group.  I saw a few of my year 9 and 10 friends from last year, and family I haven’t seen in a bit. Some of the friends I saw performed in their groups not long after I had given them my goodbyes.


I think that the importance of polyfest is to be reminded of the importance of our cultures, and to be reminded who we are.  Yesterday I learnt alot of things about languages and what would happen if we didn’t even have one.  I also saw/learnt what discipline looks like in my culture.

I also enjoyed the delicious food at polyfest (Watermelon sundaes, Mussel fritters etc.) I hope that I will get another chance to go to polyfest again as I had a blast. My group was called the Skittles and our helper was Noah's mother. My very favourite part of the day was going to the Maori stage. Click here to see what a couple Pt Englanders got upto.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cameo, I found your writing really interesting. I really liked how you used paragraphs to separate you writing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete